How to come
How to come to aegina island from Athens International Airport
How to Get There The closest airport to Aegina is named Eleftherios Venizelos and is located about 25 km outside of the centre of Athens in the area of Spata. Click here for information about the various Airlines Operating from Athens International Airport.
Airport to Piraeus port
- By Shuttle bus
- – Leaving the arrivals hall, you will find bus X96, which takes you straight to the Port of Piraeus. Every 20 minutes is a bus is leaving during the day and about every half hour at night. Click here for more information about this bus route and the four other bus routes that serve the airport, connecting the greater area of Athens airport
You may use this ticket on the bus, trolley bus or the metro. The trip will take from 60 minutes to 1 1/4 hour depending on the traffic! At the airport you can buy the ticket at the small ticket office located next to the bus stop.
- By taxi
- – You can also take a taxi from the airport to Piraeus (to Gate E8). When leaving the airport, please make use of the taxi queue next to Door 3 of the Arrivals Level. Taking a taxi is mostly quicker than the bus (of course dependent on the traffic). Click here for the indicative taxi charges.
- By rental car
- – You may also rent a car at the airport and drive to the Piraeus port. The earlier you book the better the prices. To rent a car at the airport is a good option if you also plan to visit the Peloponnese after or before you visit Aegina. Next to that the quality of the cars is better than the available rental cars on Aegina. There is a boat connection between Methana (on the Peloponnese) and Aegina.
Piraeus to Aegina island
- By Ferry
- – The ferry journey with either Saronic Ferries, or Agios Nektarios Ferry takes between 60-90 minutes. Timetables and ticket offices are on the quay.
- By Flying Dolphin
- – There are two hydrofoil companies, Hellenic Seaways and Aegean Flying Dolphins. The journey will take 40 minutes. Timetables and ticket offices are on the quay.